GRANGER, Ind. — Congressman Jim Banks is headed to Granger to discuss what’s being done to fight wokeness in the Federal Government and Military. Indiana’s 3rd Congressional District Congressman recently started the first Anti-Woke Caucus in the U.S. Congress. Banks, who is now running for U.S. Senate, will be in town on Wednesday, August 16th at Juday Creek Golf Course in Granger. Tickets can be purchased here.
Banks’ caucus has already made an impact in D.C. The following amendments from Chairman Banks were included in the National Defense Authorization Act which passed in July:
- Prohibits the Secretary of Defense from appointing or employing a military or civilian employee whose duties include diversity, equity, and inclusion with a rank or grade in excess of GS-10.
- Requires DOD to issue policy that all military accessions, assignments, selections, or promotions must adhere to merit-based principles and prohibits numerical quotas in applicant pools.
- Suspends the Navy Digital Ambassador Program, which used drag queen videos in its recruitment efforts.
- Prohibits DOD from taking adverse action against troops based solely on their refusal to receive Covid-19 vaccines and lets soldiers discharged for vaccine refusal reenter the service as if they had just taken leave for study.
- Directs DOD’s Boards of Correction to grant requests from unvaccinated, discharged servicemembers to change their reason for discharge and re-entry codes.
- Requires DOD to set up a reinstatement process for troops discharged for COVID vaccine refusal at their prior rate/grade and requires DOD to contact every member discharged due to Covid for possible reinstatement.
- Amends provisions in Rep. Banks’ three above amendments related to servicemembers who refused COVID vaccination to also include members of the Coast Guard.
- Blocks major DOD contracts for electric non-tactical vehicles until the Pentagon can certify that there is sufficient charging infrastructure in combat zones to not harm military effectiveness.
- Prohibits racial discrimination and quotas in service academy admissions.
The event is being put on by Indiana Call to Action. Admission is $25 and includes dinner. To purchase tickets and reserve your seat click here.
REAL News Michiana relies on member subscribers to keep going. As a subscriber, you’ll get an RNM mug and invites to special events. Help us continue to expose corruption and report on the news conservatives care about by subscribing here.